You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
When do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information when we process an online purchase (including delivery of the item to you), run a competition, process a refund, maintain customer records or any other time you provide us with your personal information (e.g. when you register a customer account) (“Our Services”).
What information do we collect
Shopify collects the following personal information from you on our behalf:
- shipping and billing addresses;
- email and telephone number;
- information about your order in order to fulfil that order;
- your company name (if applicable);
- your IP address;
- any other information you may provide to us from time to time (e.g. your Instagram handle if you contact us on Instagram).
While you have the right to use a pseudonym or remain anonymous when dealing with us, the use of pseudonyms may prevent us from being able to provide you with Our Services. For example, we will need your name and address in order to be able to deliver items to your shipping address.
Why do we collect this information and how will we use it?
- We use your personal information to provide Our Services, for internal record keeping, to improve our products and services, and to notify you of products or services that may be of interest to you.
- From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with promotional information. If you would prefer not to receive promotional information from us, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our communications or emailing us at email@example.com. If you unsubscribe we will keep your basic details so we know not to contact you again.
Do we share personal information with third parties?
We disclose your personal information to:
- our officers and employees for business purposes;
- our sourcers, selling partners and couriers in order to deliver your items to you; and
- third party service providers including Shopify, so that they are able to provide their services to us. These third party service providers may share your personal information with their service providers in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
Some of these recipients may be located overseas. We may also store your personal information overseas (e.g. in cloud facilities operated by third parties on our behalf). We will take reasonable steps to ensure recipients of your information do not breach Australian Privacy laws and that they observe the confidential nature of such information. Recipients of your information are prohibited from using it other than for the purpose for which it was provided. We will also disclose information where required by law, e.g., to a law enforcement agency if we are requested to do so by that agency in relation to suspected unlawful activity. We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We understand the importance of your personal information and have appropriate procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information. We also take measures in respect of destroying or de-identifying personal information that is no longer needed for any lawful purpose.
If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint to us, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Mail: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Controlling your personal information
If you wish to access your information or believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at Tigmi Trading, 3/25 Brigantine St, Byron Bay NSW 2480 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.